Thursday, January 17, 2013

The real life adventures of a real life foodie!

Hi! Im Abby, welcome to my blog about my favorite thing, food. :) I have tried to write several blogs throughout the years, a dream blog, a life blog, none of them really stuck, which is why I have decided to write about what I love and what I know, food. From cooking it to eating it I love all things food, spoken like a true fat kid. I was raised in the south where food solves all problems. If you suffer a break up you eat a pan of moms homemade potato dough cinnamon rolls. You get in a fight with your sisters and you sit down over a bowl of homemade butterfinger ice cream to settle it. Times of sorrow and pain or times of happiness and ecstasy food is always the constant, the great uniter. Atleast in my world it is.

I was blessed to be raised by two amazing moms, my real mom Jackie and my step-mom Teresa. Both are amazing women who taught me everything I know, and both are luckily AMAZING cooks. To this day I cook left handed thanks to Jackie, even though im actually right handed. She taught me the basics. Teresa taught me the art of cake decorating, along with much more, a skill I have honed and been able to create some beautiful cakes.

Another major food influence in my life has been my amazingly wonderful husband. I have been absolutely blessed to be married to Grant for over 3 years now. One thing about Grant is he is CRAZY! I mean that in the best way possible, he will eat almost anything as long as it doesnt have olives or yellow mustard. He is the epitome of a foodie, and through him I have been introduced to some very interesting cuisine. From my first experience with Pho, a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup, to a terrible experience with fried pigs ears, Grant has been my guide.

This blog will chronicle my life as I experience it through food, from things I cook to things I eat. The most memorable moments I have involve family and friends gathered for a meal, and I seek to live my life through these moments of peace and happiness with my loved ones as we enjoy a communal mean together. So enjoy and dont read this blog while hungry! :)

Abby SmithFoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment