Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Is it really cheating if its with food?

Sometimes I wonder if my relationship with food is getting too serious, I mean I am a married woman after all.  Food is just always there for me, when im sad, mad, happy, any time.  When me and Grant are having moments of intense fellowship (meaning someone's about to get cut) food is there to comfort me through our troubled times.

When Grant and I are hanging out spending some quality time together, food is there, helping us enjoy our time together.  Its just such a constant in my life, I often feel im having a love affair with food! So despite being on this super fantastic mission of "lifestyle change" and getting healthy, I couldnt help but have a few cheat moments, even if im not really cheating on my husband with food, im definitely cheating on my diet with food!

One night Grant was out watching the hockey game (we are HUGE Washington Capitals fans, Lets Go Caps) and I decided to stay home and catch up on some Grey's Anatomy, quality tv.  Well I got a hankering for a snack, and lets be real sometimes you just dont want to eat another piece of freaking fruit.  I wanted to go all fruit ninja on my fruit bowl.

So I started to plan my snack, at first I thought mmmm white chocolate popcorn.  Then I remembered seeing someone post about marshmallow popcorn on facebook, so I thought what about WHITE CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW POPCORN! GENIUS!!!!

I ran up stairs (ok i didnt run because i dont run, but i did move quickly) and started melting the chocolate and the marshmallows, as I was waiting for it to melt I look over and see a jar of peanut butter, and it hit me like Voldemort's curse hit Harry straight in the head, ADD PEANUT BUTTER!

So I did, and the result was a beautiful and deliciously fattening bowl of white chocolate marshmallow peanut butter popcorn!

The recipe:
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Marshmallows
2T Peanut Butter
Bag of Popcorn
I melted the marshmallows and the white chocolate at the same time, it would probably be smarter to start melting the white chocolate, then add the marshmallows.  You heat the white chocolate for about 20 seconds and it will start melting, take it out, stir it, add the marshmallows, then pop it back in for another 20, stir it, and check the consistency.  If it needs longer put it back for 5-10 second intervals until its done.  Then add the peanut butter.  Pop your popcorn then throw it in the mix and stir it up good.  Then sit on your couch, forget your diet, and enjoy this delicious treat!


2 comments:

  1. Fat kid realization: Popcorn is my indulgence. I sometimes agree to go to the movies just so I can get popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah Grant loves popcorn too! I can always tell when he eats it at the office, he somehow comes home with popcorn smell all over him!

    ReplyDelete