Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Drake aint got nuttin on me!

We recently watched with baited breath as they announced the various winners at the 2013 Grammy Awards.  With Jay-Z and Kanye cleaning up for N****s in Paris and Drake winning rap album of the year, my budding rap career has some serious competition.  I may not be the best rapper but I am definitely the best WRAPPER!  While Drake is making sick beats i'm making sick wraps, lettuce wraps that is!


So why am I writing a blog about the easiest thing in the world to make? Uh because its the easiest thing in the world to make, duh!  Im busy, like really busy, all the time.  I dont have time to make some fancy healthy meal every day, or a gourmet lunch for the hubs to take.  As most of you know a dieters biggest downfall is when theyre busy and they go grab fast food, and if you are me making a healthy decision at a fast food place doesnt happen.  I have no will power.

So I have learned what is easy for me and that is lettuce wraps! You already saw my delicious tuna wraps, if not look at my old blogs, NOW! :) But I have created several varieties.  Our favorite has been the buffalo chicken lettuce wraps with avocado and tomatoes! Those were delicious, so delicious I ate them before I could get a pic!  I recently made honey mustard chicken lettuce wraps.


The Recipe
1 lb of chicken (cubed)
1 T Dill
1/2 C Honey Mustard (low fat)
1/2 Avocado
Cherry Tomatoes
Boston Lettuce

Sautee the chicken with whatever the seasoning of choice is, I kept the salt low because honey mustard is already kind of tangy.  Once the chicken was pretty much cooked I put in the dill and honey mustard and let it cook for about 5 min.  Then I wrapped it up!  Avocado adds a mellow fresh flavor and the tangy tomatoes were delicious!

These are super easy for dinner when you are in a hurry, you can even have the chicken pre-cooked.  

Once I realized how awesomely low carb and delicious lettuce wraps were I started making them like crazy! One day I was trying to throw something together for lunch, I was already running behind and didnt have time to create something awesome, so I basically made a lettuce wrap lunchable.  I LOOOVE regular lunchables, they are like my favorite thing because im five. 


YUM! But so not healthy, they have like 80 gillion calories and sodium and fat and blah blah blah BOO. So here is what I came up with in a hurry, and with the exception of mistaking bleu cheese for ranch it was awesome. (bleu cheese is real gross. Moldy mold with extra mold, uh no.)

It was seriously so simple, I quickly cut up an avocado and some tomatoes.  Thru some lunch meat and lettuce in there and some cheese.  Then I made the actual wraps at work during lunch when I had time.  I also had an apple a snack, no caprisun tho. :( 

Basically it takes finding something you like and learning how to make variations of it.  No rapper has ever created some entirely unique beat, they use whats there and make variations of it.  So I took a page out of Drake's book and made a variation.  My wraps are definitely better than his and so much healthier.  No STD's, or hoes, or pimps, or sick whips, or drugs involved here, just some wholesome goodness! So get crazy and wrap it up!!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! This is awesome and I MUST try the recipe for the Honey mustard wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drake is making raps with sick beats so maybe you should try making your wraps with beets... I mean the man knows what he's doin.

    ReplyDelete